incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: oooforum.org
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 00:11:21 GMT
On 2011-11-20 12:35 PM, Simon Phipps wrote:

> On 20 Nov 2011, at 16:20, Shane Curcuru wrote:
>>

>> If you have an actual concern about improper use of any Apache
>> marks, then I suggest you take action to ensure that the
>> appropriate ASF (P)PMC or officer knows about the *specific*
>> situation.
>
> That's great advice in the general case.  Given the specific URL is
> in this thread, that you are known to follow this list pretty closely
> and are the officer in question, is there any further action
> necessary in this specific case?
>
> S.

Yes.

Merely because I read this list as a mentor does not mean that I have
the attention or brainwidth to understand what the PPMC's specific issue
is with this site, and how important it is to them.

There are probably hundreds of thousands of potentially infringing
websites on Apache marks.  We, like most trademark holders, need to
prioritize which ones are most important.  The most important
prioritization factor for our efforts is the input of our (P)PMCs, since
they are the group that is most affected by potential mis-use of their
specific brands.

So actually I'm looking to some of the PPMC members to let trademarks@
(which is read by many more people than just me) know what specific
issues they want addressed.

- Shane