incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: connections to old update services now gone...update35.services.openoffice.org
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2011 17:25:46 GMT
Am 11/19/2011 06:04 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
> Re message forwarded to me by a friend...
>
> *Could not establish Internet connection to update35.services.openoffice.org
> *
>
> Any suggestions about what we can do about this????

When the server is now really gone because it was in the *.ss.oo.o
domain, then it's done. We cannot disable the function in the program.
And IMHO there is nobody available here who knows the details how this
communication is working and has time to rebuild it, incl. a new server
or service.

For the next release (3.4) we should disable the function as it cannot
be reanimated until then. For anything later we should try to implement
a real update functionality; that means with little update chunks +
download + installation.

My 2 ct

Marcus