incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: [WWW][Policy] Rewriting contributing.openoffice.org
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2011 02:28:27 GMT
Clarifying an important point again...

On 2011-11-18 6:23 PM, Louis Suárez-Potts wrote:
...snip...
> I'd also also like for the fundraising to be clearly identified with
> the project. Right now, we use SPI and—not sure if "still" is
> relevant—Team OOo. (It probably is not; and probably a foundation or
> more humble and simpler bank account possessed of a humanoid
> treasurer, would be sufficient and even gooder.)

Fundraising at the ASF is handled centrally, on behalf of all Apache
projects.  And no, neither SPI nor Team OOo are involved with
fundraising for any Apache project; I'm working to address that
misconception shortly.  The only group at the ASF that does fundraising
is found on the fundraising@ privately archived mailing list, or on the
main Donate/Sponsor pages:

   http://www.apache.org/foundation/contributing.html

Obviously all Apache projects link to the main fundraising pages, and
the AOOo podling is welcome to have it's own explanations of why it's
important to donate to the ASF along with a link to the donation page.

It is an important to-do for the PPMC to remove any external donation
buttons or direct links from any of our websites, as well.

- Shane