incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Non-Apache maintenance release for OOo 3.3?
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2011 17:06:14 GMT
On 2011-11-18 11:16 AM, Stefan Taxhet wrote:
> Hi Don, all,
>
> Am 17.11.2011 15:34, schrieb Donald Harbison:
>> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 9:14 AM, Stefan Taxhet<stx123@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Am 17.11.2011 02:23, schrieb Rob Weir:
...snip...
>>> What is your proposal for the name of your release? Please make a
>>> proposal
>> for what you wish to name your release.
>
> Rob described the two options very concise. The preference would be to
> release "OpenOffice.org 3.3.1" with consent of the home of development
> work for future releases.
The Apache Open Office PPMC is the only organization that should be
releasing a software product using just the name "OpenOffice.org".
Apache trademark policy is clear that third parties are *not* allowed to
use Apache brands in confusing or infringing manners on software products.

We offer broad guidelines for using a "Powered By" style of naming for
third party software products that are either built on top of, extend,
or otherwise use Apache code but add your own code to your product:

   http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/faq/#products

Note that we'd certainly consider permitting other phrases besides the