incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Hollmichel <martin.hollmic...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Time for the ASF to send an Open Letter?
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2011 09:29:36 GMT
> Both Stefan and Martin have iCLAs on file.  Both signed up on the Incubator Proposal
as Initial Committers.  Stefan completed the process to be established as a committer.  He
is also eligible to be on the PPMC.
I thought I did also, but maybe I got lost somewhere in process,

Martin

> Communication and administrative delays, sometimes mine, often arise in the establishment
of committers.  The process is conducted privately until completed.  The only public notification
made by the PPMC is when committers are established (and they appear on the Apache roster
of committers).

>   - Dennis

I can't see how your plans would possibly be approved by the ASF.

your work in the form of patches or commits to the AOO podling's Subversion tree would be
a great start to be able to do this kind of work.

on the ooo-dev@ list.  Then, work with the podling to show the PPMC that this is a good idea,
and deserves to proceed together with the excellent progress the PPMC is making on the 3.4
release.

plan, we can discuss any trademark, legal, or press/messaging questions you might have.
>>> What is difficult for me to understand is that both Stefan Taxhet and Martin
Hollmichel signed up as Initial
>>> Committers to the Apache project, but have never signed an iCLA.
>> What makes you think that?  See: http://people.apache.org/committer-index.html
> I looked but it seems my searches on that page failed last night.
>
> Please excuse me on this. Stefan is properly connected to the project, but we've seen
no email from him until today. I'm not sure why Martin is not properly signed up.