incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [Patch]submit a patch to fix the issue - 115580.
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2011 07:45:57 GMT
On 11/17/11 7:39 PM, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> I thought of that also but there is a reason ...
>
>  From some past interaction with people from China,
> for them it's absolutely important to get full
> acknowledgement for their contributions. It seems
> like having them may make a difference in their
> future employment. It's a different country with
> a different culture and in another project we
> almost lost an important contributor for
> something less important than this!

i think Ariel's point is not the name but the complete date in the
commit msg. This is redundant because the commit itself is tagged with a
date.

It's better to insert a few words describing the issue/fix and insert
the name to give the credits to the person who made it.

A short descr helps to understand for what the fix is without searching
in bug database.

Maybe we can agree on such a kind of convention to commit messages.

Juergen