incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From TJ Frazier <tjfraz...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: Draft IP Review Plan for OpenOffice
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 19:43:35 GMT
On 11/17/2011 14:16, Rob Weir wrote:
> I've consolidated and summarized the various bits of guidance we've
> received on this list and on legal-discuss, and distill in down into
> relevant guidance for this project.  We don't need to all be experts
> in this, but I think everyone contributing code needs to understand
> the basics of what we may and may not do.  Since I know that not
> everyone has followed all the threads, I think it is worth bringing
> this information together in one place, for easy reference.
>
> Since this is my interpretation of Apache policy, or even my
> interpretation of someone else's interpretation,  I'd ask you treat
> this as a draft for now.  But please do review, ask questions, and
> point out any information that you believe is incorrect.
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/IP+Plan+for+Apache+OpenOffice
>
> Regards,
>
> -Rob

Good job, and much needed.
Comments:
(a) For item #4 under "Guidance for Source Releases", I suggest:

s/This/Producing a copy-left-free binary/

(b) Some further explanation of the situation regarding class-X-licensed
build components would be helpful. In order to build, AFAIK, we need all
sorts of things, like dmake, epm, gcc, &c. These have to be present or
downloaded, true?
--
/tj/