incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [Patch]submit a patch to fix the issue - 115580.
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 17:05:44 GMT
Am 11/17/2011 05:41 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
> 2011/11/17 J├╝rgen Schmidt<jogischmidt@googlemail.com>:
>> On 11/17/11 4:26 PM, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
>>>
>>> Committed as revision 1203218.
>>>
>>> Thank you very much for your contribution!
>>>
>>
>> i very much appreciate that we accept and integrate everything at the
>> moment. But should we maybe a little bit more careful? And should we focus
>> more on our main common goal to provide a stable version asap?
>>
>> I thought we would have agreed to only make the code base Apache conform and
>> work on replacements for license critical things. We are now in a phase
>> where we integrate many patches from Issuezilla that are not yet integrated
>> for specific reasons (maybe not reviewed, not complete, too bad etc.). We
>> integrate things without real testing the changes. I am not sure if we
>> should do that at the moment.
>>
>> What do others think about it?
>>
>
> Maybe hold back changes that are not related to IP cleanup.  Then,
> once the IP review is done, then we might branch to stabilize the 3.4
> release and allow other patches to the trunk.   Would that work?  I

I would say after the IP clearance is done + rebranding + other 
absolutely necessary things that we don't want to do twice on trunk and 
branch.

After that is done and the 3.4 branch is created you can get going on 
trunk like on German highways. ;-)

> don't think we want to slow down patches for long.  That was a
> criticism of the legacy project.  But for the next few weeks we really
> should concentrate on IP review.

+1

Marcus

Mime
View raw message