incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [Patch]submit a patch to fix the issue - 115580.
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 16:53:27 GMT
On 11/17/11 5:41 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
> 2011/11/17 Jürgen Schmidt<jogischmidt@googlemail.com>:
>> On 11/17/11 4:26 PM, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
>>>
>>> Committed as revision 1203218.
>>>
>>> Thank you very much for your contribution!
>>>

>> i very much appreciate that we accept and integrate everything at the
>> moment. But should we maybe a little bit more careful? And should we focus
>> more on our main common goal to provide a stable version asap?
>>
>> I thought we would have agreed to only make the code base Apache conform and
>> work on replacements for license critical things. We are now in a phase
>> where we integrate many patches from Issuezilla that are not yet integrated
>> for specific reasons (maybe not reviewed, not complete, too bad etc.). We
>> integrate things without real testing the changes. I am not sure if we
>> should do that at the moment.
>>
>> What do others think about it?
>>

> Maybe hold back changes that are not related to IP cleanup.  Then,
> once the IP review is done, then we might branch to stabilize the 3.4
> release and allow other patches to the trunk.   Would that work?  I
> don't think we want to slow down patches for long.  That was a
> criticism of the legacy project.  But for the next few weeks we really
> should concentrate on IP review.

exactly, i simply wanted to focus on our most important goal to provide
a stable Apache conform release. And every helping hand here is very
much appreciated.

And of course we will be very open for bugfix patches and even other
contributions that help us to bring the project forward.

Don't get me wrong  here!!!

It is perfectly ok, if we accept non critical patches that help to bring
new committers on board ;-)

Juergen