incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Trademark and Brand
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 13:43:40 GMT
On 2011-11-17 5:06 AM, tora - Takamichi Akiyama wrote:
> Could you take account of voter turnout for the PPMC?
> And take the sampling error into account for the others?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampling_error

This is not a poll or sampling of some large population.  This is a vote
amongst the Podling Project Management Committee members of the Apache
OpenOffice (Incubating) podling.  Only PPMC votes are binding.

The fact that we allow other, non-PPMC members to express opinions or
cast +1/-1 votes in no way means that we're attempting an accurate
sample of all users.  Only the votes of PPMC members count towards the
actual decisions.

This is a critical point to understand about how Apache projects are
run.  While we appreciate feedback, suggestions, and contributions from
all of our users, the individuals who have shown merit on the project
and have officially been voted in as committers or PPMC members are the
ones who make final decisions on the project.

- Shane