incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Time for the ASF to send an Open Letter?
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 20:49:27 GMT
I just want to make one observation that is critical to understanding
how Apache projects work:

On 2011-11-16 11:56 AM, Martin Hollmichel wrote:
...snip...
> The coding work we've done in the 3.3.1 is about some security and
> bugfixing issues,
>
> Martin

I would strongly urge everyone here to read the brief Code of Conduct
for Apache projects here:

http://community.apache.org/newbiefaq.html#NewbieFAQ-IsthereaCodeofConductforApacheprojects?

In particular, the old saying that "If it didn't happen on a mailing
list, it didn't happen." is critically important to understand.

I know that Martin and others have done a tremendous amount of work for
the past OpenOffice.org project, and I bet that he and others will
continue to create great code in the future OOo related ecosystem.

However the comment above is quite disingenuous, given that none of that
work (as far as I can tell) in terms of code or planning has been here
on ooo-dev@.

The Apache OpenOffice podling is truly happy to have people donate their
work to the podling, and hopes more people will choose to contribute
their work collaboratively here on the list.  We are also - as all
Apache projects are - happy to have third parties take the code we
produce under our permissive Apache License and use it for virtually any
purpose they wish.  All that we ask when you take are code is that you
follow the license, and that you respect our identity, brands, and
trademarks.

- Shane, mentor for AOO podling