incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Hollmichel <martin.hollmic...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Time for the ASF to send an Open Letter?
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 18:34:59 GMT
On 11/16/11 6:33 PM, Ross Gardler wrote:
> On 16 November 2011 16:56, Martin Hollmichel
> <martin.hollmichel@googlemail.com>  wrote:

>> The coding work we've done in the 3.3.1 is ...
>>
> Do you intend to or have you submitted those patches to AOOo?
the 3.3.1 version we are working on is the old LGPL code basis. Patches
which are also of value for ongoing AOO 3.x work are intended to get
contributed, we'd appreciate your support for doing this.

> What kind of a "release" are you talking about. OOo releases can only
> be made from the Apache Software Foundation. Perhaps you are planning
> a downstream release that conforms to our trademark policy.
>
> Please let us know your plans.
we're offering to provide an interim release of OpenOffice.org 3.3.1
with a joint messaging of ASF and Team OpenOffice.org. This would fill
the gap between the 3.3.0 release from beginning of this year (with some
known severe issues) and the first AOO release in the future. I'm
convinced that this proceeding will help strengthen the trust in
OpenOffice.org / AOO.

> Ross
Martin