incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Hollmichel <martin.hollmic...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Time for the ASF to send an Open Letter?
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 16:56:43 GMT
On 11/16/11 1:15 PM, Donald Harbison wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 5:31 AM, Martin Hollmichel<
> martin.hollmichel@googlemail.com>  wrote:
>
>> On 11/15/11 6:46 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>>
>>> I have been mulling this over for a long time...
>>>
>>> Up to now, we have been reactionary. We have allowed others to
>>> control and distort the message, paint things as a "us vs. them"
>>> battle (simply to position themselves for personal gain in the
>>> whole debacle), and foster FUD to the clear harm of the ENTIRE
>>> OOo ecosystem.
>>>
>>> I think it's time that an Open Letter to the entire Open Office
>>> ecosystem (companies, entities, individuals, etc...) be drafted
>>> that sets the record straight.
>>>
>>> And I volunteer to drive this task...
>>>
>> I think this is an excellent idea, this also fit's in plans to do an
>> interim release OOo 3.3.1 release. We've just done with displaying the OOo
>> readme file after 3.3.1 installation, this would be in ideal place for
>> promoting such an Open Letter,
>>
>>> Are you referring to plans from TeamOpenOffice.org e.V.? What is the
> current status of these? What is the plan for naming and branding? Perhaps
> you can update this community in a separate topic.
removal of the Oracle branding is the easy part. As said before, having
a joint messaging with ASF about this release and the future releases is
some work to do. Adopting references from old OpenOffice.org instances
(forums, mailing lists, issue tracking) to the new ones in the ReadMe
File is another issue we are still working on.

The coding work we've done in the 3.3.1 is about some security and
bugfixing issues,

Martin