incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: agg and epm are still in svn repo.
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 10:45:19 GMT
> Hi Jürgen,
>
> On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 05:03:37PM +0100, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>> On 11/10/11 6:03 AM, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:

>>> epm is needed to build deb and rpm packages for Linux (at least, didn't
>>> try BSD, etc).
>>> Now that copy-left is disabled by default, I'm building with
>>>
>>> --with-epm=/home/ariel/bin/epm --with-package-format="installed rpm"
>>>
>>> and I find it nicer than building epm for every clean build.
>>> IMO it can be removed and made a build dependency.
>>
>> i assume you use the patched version of epm that you have built
>> earlier, correct?
>
> so so. I took already downloaded the source, applied the patch and
> installed in ~/bin because...
>
>> Did you have tried the system epm tool?
>
> ... there is no epm in Fedora repositories, Ubuntu seems to have an
> epm package:
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=epm
ok, fedora is on my list of the systems (rpm based) to test, good to
know that no epm is available in the repositories. Or better not good to
know :-(
I will test it on fedora with a fresh downloaded epm from the webpage.
But i have to setup a build env on fedora first. If you are interested
in testing it as well, i can share my patch.

I was able to build on Ubuntu with the system epm 4.2. Well i have not
finally tested the debs but will do so asap.

The whole packaging process is not really easy to understand ;-) It
takes some time...

Juergen