incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer ...@a-w-f.de>
Subject Re: Anybody interested in TestTool? I wrote a Java lib to replace it.
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 08:38:54 GMT
Hi Liu,

On 16.11.2011 09:16, Zhe Liu wrote:
> Thank Raphael Bircher for the comment.
> I used VCLTesttool several times and found that it's difficult to debug
> and understand what's being done by scripts. Maybe because I don't know
> Basic and the tool enough well. :-). I admit that VCLTestTool and these
> large amounts of test scripts are very valuable and worth reusing.
> Anyway, a chance to implement GUI testing using Java may attract more
> people to contribute test scripts.

It would certainly attract me.  When working for Sun/Oracle I had the,
ahm, pleasure to work with the VCL Testtool a couple of times (usually
the colleagues from QA shielded us developers from it, but some bugs
required us using the test tool directly.)

Understanding the Basic code was never easy.  The differences between
C++ and Basic are just too big. So a Java solution would be very welcome.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
Andre