incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer ...@a-w-f.de>
Subject Re: [code] main/dmake
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 08:29:45 GMT
Hi Pedro,

On 15.11.2011 19:31, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> My $0.02
>
> --- On Tue, 11/15/11, Andre Fischer<af@a-w-f.de>  wrote:
>
>> - Introduce a --with-dmake-path=<path>  option to
>> configure(.in), that specifies where the pre-installed dmake
>> can be found.
>>

> On LibreOffice it's a matter of defining $DMAKE in the
> configure environment.
>
> For my own builds I don't need to do anything, I have
> dmake installed in my path and the system just catches
> it.

It will be the default to search for such a pre-installed dmake first.
No option has to be specified for this. After all, whoever installed it
has (hopefully) done that knowing about the GPL license.

The --with-dmake-path is only necessary when dmake is installed in a
place that is not in $PATH.

> I also made available some (untested) Windows binaries
> in the Apache-Extras site, JIC they are useful.

Yes, I have seen that.  I just don't know if there are any policies
against downloading binaries during configure/setup/build. But the use
of pre-built binaries is definitely an option.

By the way, the other archives that are downloaded during
configure/setup have MD5 checksums.  Can you add one to the dmake
archive as well?

Thanks,
Andre