incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [CODE] 118600: IP clearance: Remove liberation fonts
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2011 17:21:00 GMT
On 11/15/11 6:06 PM, Andre Fischer wrote:
> Hi Pedro,

>>> I am not quite sure what you mean. The
>>> more_fonts/fonts/ttf_gentium and
>>> more_fonts/fonts/ttf_liberation directories should be
>>> deleted
>>> automatically when the makefiles in them are removed.
>>>

>> You mean "patch" deletes them? Patch in FreeBSD
>> doesn't delete the files, it leaves them empty.
>> and .orig files are left in anycase so the directory
>> is not empty.
>> "svn --force delete" must be issued.
>
> Argh, my fault. I use git locally on my machine, which does delete empty
> directories. I forgot the SVN underneath, which does not delete empty
> directories.
>
> I should not have used git to produce the patch file.
>
> I am sorry.

but it is a further sign that most people who actually work on the code
don't use svn during the normal work and workaround this with git svn. I
can understand that svn is an Apache own tool but in the long term i
hope that we are able to switch to git that is more appropriate to the
workflow of the developers.

Yes i know the developers can also adapt their workflow but we should
keep in mind to make it easy for developers as well. What does it help
when we have a nice svn based project but nobody wants to develop it...
I know that this view is a little bit too heavy but svn doesn't help us
at the moment. It's only a burden ...

Just my 2 cents here. And No further discussion from me at this time ;-)

Juergen