incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer ...@a-w-f.de>
Subject Re: [code] main/dmake
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2011 13:01:26 GMT
Hi,

Oliver is preparing for the ODF Plugfest in Gouda, therefore I take over
the task of making dmake a system dependency.  I have created issue
118604 for this.

 From what I read so far we have the following prerequisites:

- The dmake source code has to be removed from the Apache SVN repository.

- The dmake source code is already present at at least two other places:
at http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/dmake/ (thanks to
Pedro), and at LibreOffice.

- It may be possible to have Apache host the code on one of its servers
(that is not the main SVN repository)

- In the configure or bootstrap script we can download and compile dmake
but can not do that automatically.  The user has to specify this
explicitly as an option to the configure script.

I propose the following way of how configure/bootstrap handle/provide a
dmake executable:

- Remove the dmake source code from OpenOffice.

- By default configure handles dmake like gnu make, i.e. search for a
pre-installed executable, detect its version, do some checks to verify
that it can be used.

- Introduce a --with-dmake-path=<path> option to configure(.in), that
specifies where the pre-installed dmake can be found.

- Introduce a --with-dmake-url=<URL> option to configure(.in) that tells
the bootstrap script to download the sources and build them.  Add a note
to the description of the option that the source is GPL licensed.  Maybe
add the Google Code URL as suggestion to the description.  When the code
is hosted on an Apache server then we can add that, too.

What do you think, is that OK?

Regard,
Andre