incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Rist <andrew.r...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Is it time for a build machine?
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2011 02:58:38 GMT
On 11/14/2011 5:20 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
> It looks like we have several options, described here:   http://ci.apache.org/
>
> Does anyone have an opinion on which one we should use?
>
> Although getting this to work across multiple platforms will be a big
> effort, we don't need to do it all at once.   Getting a single
> platform up and running would not be very difficult, for example
> Buildbot with Linux. And we would benefit from even that.  For
> example, this would enable non-developers to grab builds to test.  As
> you've probably noticed, we've had a few people ask how they could
> help with testing.  But without builds the only ones who can test are
> those who can build AOOo themselves.
>
> I'm poking around at the doc here:
> http://buildbot.net/buildbot/docs/current/full.html
>
> I've also signed up for the builds@apache.org list.
>
> But I could really use some help to move this forward.  So, if you are
> interested in helping, let me know.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Rob
I've already gotten started on this and opened a Jira issue for creating
a Linux nightly on buildbot.
I have checked in a preliminary linux build script and I was working on
the patch to the buildbot cfg for AOO.
I was going to initially run the build, RAT, and some code analysis.
Later I was going to attempt to run QA tests also.
There has been discussion of working on the Mac build, and other options
are a Windows nightly (obviously) and perhaps a Solaris build.

Andrew