incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Herbert Duerr <hdu_...@alice.de>
Subject Re: Font related questions
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2011 15:22:08 GMT
>> (FWIW, I think hdu@ committed the liberation fonts
>> originally.)
>
> I think he fixed the metric files to better work with the Arial Narrow
> font.

I extended the Liberation Sans font family with Narrow font faces and
contributed these changes upstream.

> But still, he will be sad, that they have to go.

Not only me, but everyone who is using documents with it or its
metrically compatible counterpart. These documents or their text boxes
tend to overflow and this often looks nasty.

Maybe I should look into basing some new Narrow font faces on a font
family that has a license acceptable for bundling them as binaries in an
Apache release (e.g. OFL?)

Herbert