incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer ...@a-w-f.de>
Subject Font related questions
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2011 14:18:13 GMT
Hi,

In the process of removing the liberation fonts (they are under GPL
license, issue 118600) I stumbled upon some font related questions.
Maybe someone on this list can provide answers.

1. The gentium basic fonts are under the SIL Open Font License.  This
looks OK to me but I am not a lawyer.  Is this a category A, B or X license?

2. The license of the open symbol font is unclear, it only has a
copyright notice (to Oracle).  Issue 89686 complains about this.  There
are comments about the intention of putting it under LGPL.  But the last
comment of the issue is more than three years old and its status is
STARTED.  Does anybody know more about this?

Additional information:

- External fonts are contained in archives in ext-sources:
   Gentium Basic Fonts:
      35efabc239af896dfb79be7ebdd6e6b9-gentiumbasic-fonts-1.10.zip

   Liberation Fonts:

ca4870d899fd7e943ffc310a5421ad4d-liberation-fonts-ttf-1.06.0.20100721.tar.gz

   They are processed in the more_fonts module.

- The Symbol Font can be found in extras/source/truetype/opens___.ttf

Regards,
Andre