incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: Mailing list user migration: Staging and volunteers
Date Sun, 13 Nov 2011 15:20:12 GMT
On 25/10/2011 Rob Weir wrote:
> Process for getting a new mailing list created is here:
> Probably makes sense to start with the largest NL communities first?

I had a look at this and at the mentioned EZMLM "Moderator's and
Administrator's Manual" to have an idea, and it seems that the moderator
role and its processes are quite different from what we are used to at
openoffice.org.

While I do have a general understanding now, I still miss some
information on how the lists are actually configured at Apache:

- Must all moderation happen by e-mail through the -accept address and
similar? Isn't a web interface available?

- The distinction between a "Moderator" and an "Administrator" is new to
me, and I realized that at it.openoffice.org I act much more as an
Administrator than a Moderator. My most frequent task is a user asking
me to change his e-mail address, which I have to do in two steps
(automatically subscribe the new address, then remove the old one; he
could do it himself of course, but often he experienced difficulties
while trying). Can this be done on the Apache lists too?

- Can a lists be set up so that it automatically rejects posts from
non-members, sending a (possibly configurable) standard reply?

- Can subject tags and e-mail footers be customized?

Thanks,
   Andrea.