incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: GPL'd dictionaries (was Re: ftp.services.openoffice.org?)
Date Sat, 12 Nov 2011 21:12:32 GMT
On 11/11/2011 RGB ES wrote:
> 2011/11/11 Andrea Pescetti
>> Excluding dictionaries from builds would result in confused/enraged users
>> unless there is a way to make dictionary installation so smooth ...
> Yes, except that OOo builds did never distribute dictionaries outside
> English, French and Italian (the Spanish dictionary was so useless that do
> not count!): for most of AOOo users all around the world, the need to
> download dictionaries and install them "by hand" will not be a new
> experience.

Really? Honestly, you might be right, since I actually never tried to
download the, say, Swedish build and check if it included a Swedish
dictionary; I just assumed it did.

But I just checked and if I download the Swedish version
http://download.services.openoffice.org/files/localized/sv/3.3.0/OOo_3.3.0_Linux_x86_install-rpm-wJRE_sv.tar.gz
the package contains openoffice.org3-dict-sv-3.3.0-9567.i586.rpm which
in turn contains sv_SE.dic ; now, either I was just lucky (I picked a
language at random) or we did (we do) distribute dictionaries in the
localized versions of OpenOffice.org.

Regards,
   Andrea.