incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "tj@apache.org" ...@apache.org>
Subject Problem showing on main ASF page
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 21:14:17 GMT
http://www.apache.org/

is showing a garbled announcement for the Tika project. The top version
is fine, but another, further down (just above the Tomcat CVE), is trashed.

In particular, the date line shows garbles where em-dashes should be.
(Not to mention the headline.) I have seen similar garbles on the web
pages of the AOOo podling. I have looked at the SVN content of one of
these, using the "view" link provided by the commit notice, and the
content itself looks okay, although the commit notice shows the garbles.

The problem is with UTF-8 translation somewhere. Using the UTF-8 rules
for multi-byte encoding, the garbles decode into the expected characters.

If I knew enough to file an issue, I would. --/tj/

====== scraped off the web page:
=?utf-8?B?VGhlIEFwYWNoZSBTb2Z0d2FyZSBGb3VuZGF0aW9uIEFubm91bmNlcyBBcGFj?=
=?utf-8?B?aGUgVGlrYeKEoiB2MS4wIA==?=

[this announcement is also available online at http://s.apache.org/N0I]

Standards-based, Content and Metadata Detection and Analysis Toolkit
Powers Large-scale, Multi-lingual,
Multi-format Repositories at Adobe, the Internet Archive, NASA Jet
Propulsion Laboratory,
and more.

9 November 2011 —FOREST HILL, MD— The Apache Software Foundation
(ASF), the all-volunteer
developers, stewards, and incubators of...

[SECURITY] CVE-2011-3376 Apache Tomcat - Privilege Escalation via
Manager app