incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Announce: OS/2 Port mostly in the tree!
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 18:55:32 GMT
Am 11/11/2011 07:36 PM, schrieb Pedro Giffuni:
> People that like to check the commit logs may have noticed
> a stream of patches tagged:
>
> "iXXX OS/2 port - **** - by Yuri Dario"

yes, looks like an endless commit. ;-)

> Well, I am glad to announce the core of the OS/2 port is now
> committed in the tree. There are still some small patches that
> Yuri will by sending in soon, but in essence we have back the
> roots of an OS/2 port, that has been working on OOo
> 2.0/2.4/3.1 and 3.2.

Great, I keep my fingers crossed that a 3.4 build will work fine.

> Platform variety is important, and having support for many
> platforms is warmly welcome.

Same reason why I've added MacOS X PPC support for the dowload webpages
with help from Maho.

Do you have any numbers or realistic guess for how many downloads we
could see for OS/2?

> Special thanks for Yuri Dario for his sustained effort over the
> years and contributing this code to the Apache OOo Incubator!

Thanks for your work.

Marcus