incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Report Builder extension (was Re: [proposal] development for the first AOO release)
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 07:55:05 GMT
Hi,

sorry for the late response - I was busy with some other stuff.

Yes, I agree - the configure options are too much.
I did not invest the time to clean it up - I was just using and adapting
what already exists.

The intrinsic output of the build of module reportbuilder is an
extension for Apache OOo. I kept the build of it with the corresponding
jars available in the system for everybody who wants to bundle it with
Apache OOo and/or who wants to adjust/enhance/correct it.
Such an extension is of high value for a certain part of our users, but
it is an optional functionality. Thus, I think it was decided to
implement this functionality as an extension.

My main focus here was to make this part of our code IP clear.
If further interest and resources are available in the future this
project will evolve. But currently that was not my focus.

Best regards, Oliver.