incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: GPL'd dictionaries (was Re: ftp.services.openoffice.org?)
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2011 23:18:22 GMT
On 08/11/2011 Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> dictionaries are extensions. They have their place at
> http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/dictionaries
> The people actually developing the dictionary build the extension and
> upload them to that site.
> The same situation as before

Yes, except that for ordinary users there is a huge difference between a
prepackaged dictionary (in the install set, I mean) and a manual
post-install download.

Excluding dictionaries from builds would result in confused/enraged
users unless there is a way to make dictionary installation so smooth
that users won't notice (but this is hard; Microsoft Windows users will
get alarming warnings from their personal firewall if the OpenOffice.org
installer tries to download a dictionary...).

Regards,
   Andrea.