incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: GPL'd dictionaries (was Re: ftp.services.openoffice.org?)
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2011 23:10:27 GMT
On 09/11/2011 Mathias Bauer wrote:
> On Linux we even can use the Hunspell dictionaries that are installed
> (or installable) in the system. It needs to provide a single
> configuration file in the build to make that happen (at least last time
> I used that feature).

True, but as others noted, here we are using the generic term
"dictionary" to mean the dictionary file for spell-checking, the
thesaurus and the hyphenation rules.

System dictionaries would only cover the first case, probably. So even
systems that provide out-of-the-box spell-checking facilities will need
specific resources to match the current state of the art in OpenOffice.org.

Regards,
   Andrea.