incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: Do recent bugs filed against Libre 3.4 need to be refiled with apache tracker?
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2011 23:09:03 GMT
On 09/11/2011 Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> On the long run I think LO and
> AOOo will keep diverging more and more and the number
> of shared bugs will eventually vanish.

It might be, but in recent months I actually did cross-link bugs from
the OpenOffice.org Bugzilla to the LibreOffice bug tracker and vice
versa, a few times.

Since many users of OpenOffice.org are not technical and might be unable
to properly describe a bug, having a bug properly triaged on the
LibreOffice tracker will save time for the OpenOffice.org developers
(and the same holds the other way round, of course, the only difference
being license compatibility of patches, but this is another stage; I'm
only considering bug triaging here).

Regards,
   Andrea.