incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][WWW] Current Polish web site -- pl.openoffice.org
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2011 16:49:34 GMT
On 2011-11-10 8:44 AM, Kay Schenk wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 3:06 PM, Dave Fisher<dave2wave@comcast.net>  wrote:
...snip...
>> Warning - using the webgui the first time on ooo-site it is suggested that
>> you brew a cup of coffee and come back in 10 minutes.
>>

> well I didn't use this -- just svn and the publish.pl CLI, but still .. oh
> my!

I'll freely admit I don't always understand how the webgui for the CMS
is doing it's magic.  But yes - depending on how you use it, the first
time you edit a file using the webgui on a new source tree, it may need
to complete a full checkout of that tree (on it's server), which might
take a while before the build completes.

In most cases, after that, it uses the cached/previously checked out
tree, so changes afterwards should be quick.

But this conversation does show a key "hidden" feature of the CMS: it
makes site editing simple for everyone: both those who just want to
tweak something while they're browsing a page, or for those who prefer
the command line or are even just checking in interim files without
looking to publish yet.

Thanks Joe!

- Shane