incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Report Builder extension (was Re: [proposal] development for the first AOO release)
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 14:03:29 GMT
Hi,

> On 07.11.2011 11:15, Mathias Bauer wrote:

>>> I know ;-)
>>>
>>> But, I wanted to assure that nobody uses the configure option to enable
>>> the build and then fail.
>>
>> Why prevent others from building Report Builder?
>>
>> We don't build the JFree Report stuff anyway, to build the Report
>> Builder you have to provide the pre-built jars. Currently they are
>> pulled automatically from ext_src, but we could change that to pulling
>> it from "external" like other stuff and throw errors in case the jars
>> aren't there and the switch for building Report Builder is used. So
>> someone who wants to build it just needs to copy the jars to
>> external/jfreereport or so.
>>

> I am not simply removing the --enable-report-builder configure option.
>
> The configure script already has a --with-system-jfreereport option
> together with certain --with-...-jar options in order to build the
> report builder extension with system's jars.
>
> Thus, I kept the --enable-report-builder option, but removed the
> --with-system-jfreereport option in order to build _only_ with system's
> jars.
> Unfortunately, my patch was not fully functional - but an improvement is
> in progress. This improvement more or less corrects the existing stuff
> regarding usage of system's jars for jfreereport.

I have finished the improvement - or better the correction.
Now, it should be possible to build the Report Builder extension with
jars available in the system.
To do so, the following (already existing) configure options have to be
used:
--enable-report-builder
--with-sac-jar=JARFILE
--with-libxml-jar=JARFILE
--with-flute-jar=JARFILE
--with-jfreereport-jar=JARFILE
--with-liblayout-jar=JARFILE
--with-libloader-jar=JARFILE
--with-libloader-jar=JARFILE
--with-libformula-jar=JARFILE
--with-librepository-jar=JARFILE
--with-libfonts-jar=JARFILE
--with-libserializer-jar=JARFILE
--with-libbase-jar=JARFILE

I have reactivated environment variable SYSTEM_JFREEREPORT. It can not
be used via a configure option, but is by default set to "YES", if
configure option --enable-report-builder is used.

Thanks again for reporting the defect in my contribution.
Again, feedback is welcome.

Best regards, Oliver.