incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Mathias Bauer <mathias.ba...@numberfour.eu>
Subject Re: GPL'd dictionaries (was Re: ftp.services.openoffice.org?)
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 22:44:54 GMT
On 07.11.2011 20:10, RGB ES wrote:

> At this point, IMHO, the best "solution" will be to deliver an Apache
> binary *without* dictionaries and put on the download page a huge button:
>
> |Download dictionaries   |
> |(External site)              |
>
> A clear note telling users something like:
>
> "OOo releases do not include dictionaries because of license problems, you
> will need to download them separately"
>
> will be enough, I think. As a matter of fact it is not a new situation.
> Just my 2ยข

On Linux we even can use the Hunspell dictionaries that are installed
(or installable) in the system. It needs to provide a single
configuration file in the build to make that happen (at least last time
I used that feature).

We need to offer downloads "only" for the other platforms that don't
allow to install Hunspell dictionaries into the system into a defined
location.

Regards,
Mathias