incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Gianluca Turconi <in...@letturefantastiche.com>
Subject Re: GPL'd dictionaries (was Re: ftp.services.openoffice.org?)
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 09:11:36 GMT
RGB ES ha scritto:
> Please, correct me if I'm wrong but AFAIK only a few dictionaries were ever
> bundled on OOo releases:
Well, the procedure for inclusion was usually a tiring and time
consuming "fight" with Sun legal department for a really simple
activity, so you're right, there were few dictionaries included into the
binaries.
> At this point, IMHO, the best "solution" will be to deliver an Apache
> binary*without*  dictionaries and put on the download page a huge button:
>
> |Download dictionaries   |
> |(External site)              |
>
> A clear note telling users something like:
>
> "OOo releases do not include dictionaries because of license problems, you
> will need to download them separately"
I think, like Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote, that a more user friendly
procedure that asked this during the installation or first run phase
would be a nice and useful addition too.

Regards,

Gianluca

--
Lettura gratuita o acquisto di libri e racconti di fantascienza,
fantasy, horror, noir, narrativa fantastica e tradizionale: