incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Olivier R." <olivier.nore...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hunspell dictionaries are not just words lists (+ other matters)
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2011 21:54:05 GMT
Hello Dave,

Le 07/11/2011 17:27, Dave Fisher a écrit :

> Rob is not an Apache Member, neither am I. We are Apache Committers
> and on the Apache OpenOffice.org (incubating) PPMC.

Thanks for the clarification.
To all, please accept my apologies for my confusion.

> An official opinion is a reasonable request.
>
> On the other thread Andrea Pescetti had an interesting point of view
> that I think is the basis for seeking an opinion from the Apache
> Legal team (made up of Apache Members)

I read that a legal issue would be raised about the GPL dictionaries.
Then Rob was wondering how dictionaries could be copyrighted. I thought
that if lawyers knew that copyrights on such matter were irrelevant,
they would not forget to mention it. So that would concern every
dictionaries, whatever rights authors may claim on their work, whatever
license they chose. That was my assumption.

Anyway, I’ll leave soon, as there is probably nothing more to say.

Best regards,
Olivier