incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Mathias Bauer <Mathias_Ba...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [code] main/dmake
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2011 17:19:35 GMT
On 07.11.2011 13:31, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 7:27 AM, Ross Gardler<rgardler@opendirective.com>  wrote:
>> In order to graduate there can be no license incompatible code in SVN. The solution
below is ok only as an interim solution.

> This statement conflicts with what I thought Robert had told us
> previously.  My impression from that discussion was that the license
> of what was in the *release* was what mattered.  But using GPL build
> tools was itself not a problem, unless that triggered a dependency in
> the release.

Ross didn't say that we can't use dmake, I understood that we can't keep
its sources in Apache's svn.

This sounds like problem that is solvable in different ways, and there
are at least three ways that come into my mind immediately:

- move dmake's sources to bitbucket or something similar and download
them from there to build dmake once for the target machine
- use the sources in LibreOffice, download from there to build dmake
once for the target machine (or even take binaries from there, if possible)
- use dmake from the system packages (we might need to test if that
creates problems that we can't solve)

Currently dmake is built in our bootstrapping process. It would even
improve the build experience (IMHO) if we made it a binary prerequisite.
That should be possible at Apache, if I understood correctly.

Regards,
Mathias