incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Gianluca Turconi <in...@letturefantastiche.com>
Subject Re: GPL'd dictionaries (was Re: ftp.services.openoffice.org?)
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2011 13:28:13 GMT
Rob Weir ha scritto:
> 3) We can link to (but not host) 3rd party builds and distributions
> based on our source code releases.  These 3rd party builds could
> include GPL/LPGL items.  If you look at a typically Apache project,
> like Subversion, you see a large number of links to externally hosted
> binaries, for platform ports as well as enhanced versions:
> http://subversion.apache.org/packages.html
So, in order to include LGPL/GPL linguistic tools, the binaries should
be hosted and, I presume, distributed externally from Apache infrastructure.

Does this fact affect in any way the use of the Apache OOo brand?

Is a fair use of the brand compiling and distributing a binary that
includes vanilla OOo code + linguistic tools while labeling it "Apache
OpenOffice.org"?

Regards,

Gianluca

--
Lettura gratuita o acquisto di libri e racconti di fantascienza,
fantasy, horror, noir, narrativa fantastica e tradizionale: