incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <>
Subject Re: Report Builder extension (was Re: [proposal] development for the first AOO release)
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2011 11:42:17 GMT

On 07.11.2011 11:15, Mathias Bauer wrote:
>>> You don't need to do that as by default the report builder isn't
>>> built. :-)
>> I know ;-)
>> But, I wanted to assure that nobody uses the configure option to enable
>> the build and then fail.
> Why prevent others from building Report Builder?
> We don't build the JFree Report stuff anyway, to build the Report
> Builder you have to provide the pre-built jars. Currently they are
> pulled automatically from ext_src, but we could change that to pulling
> it from "external" like other stuff and throw errors in case the jars
> aren't there and the switch for building Report Builder is used. So
> someone who wants to build it just needs to copy the jars to
> external/jfreereport or so.

I am not simply removing the --enable-report-builder configure option.

The configure script already has a --with-system-jfreereport option
together with certain --with-...-jar options in order to build the
report builder extension with system's jars.

Thus, I kept the --enable-report-builder option, but removed the
--with-system-jfreereport option in order to build _only_ with system's
Unfortunately, my patch was not fully functional - but an improvement is
in progress. This improvement more or less corrects the existing stuff
regarding usage of system's jars for jfreereport.

Best regards, Oliver.

View raw message