incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Mathias Bauer <Mathias_Ba...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Report Builder extension (was Re: [proposal] development for the first AOO release)
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2011 10:15:13 GMT

> On 03.11.2011 09:16, Mathias Bauer wrote:
>> On 02.11.2011 15:52, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
>>
>>> I am not planning to remove the report builder extension.
>>> I am planning to remove the 3rd party components which are used by the
>>> report builder extension as they are licensed under LGPL.
>>> This will have the effect that the report builder will not work anymore.
>>> Thus, I have got in mind to disable its building without touching any
>>> code of it.
>>
>> You don't need to do that as by default the report builder isn't
>> built. :-)
>>

> I know ;-)
>
> But, I wanted to assure that nobody uses the configure option to enable
> the build and then fail.

Why prevent others from building Report Builder?

We don't build the JFree Report stuff anyway, to build the Report
Builder you have to provide the pre-built jars. Currently they are
pulled automatically from ext_src, but we could change that to pulling
it from "external" like other stuff and throw errors in case the jars
aren't there and the switch for building Report Builder is used. So
someone who wants to build it just needs to copy the jars to
external/jfreereport or so.

Regards,
Mathias