incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Report Builder extension (was Re: [proposal] development for the first AOO release)
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2011 09:05:10 GMT
Hi,

On 05.11.2011 12:09, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> Hello Oliver,
>
> On Wed, Nov 02, 2011 at 03:52:05PM +0100, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
>> I am not planning to remove the report builder extension.
>> I am planning to remove the 3rd party components which are used by
>> the report builder extension as they are licensed under LGPL.
>> This will have the effect that the report builder will not work
>> anymore. Thus, I have got in mind to disable its building without
>> touching any code of it.
>
> will you also disable building the report builder with the system's
> jars?
>
> If yes, then you should also remove the --enable-report-buider option
> from configure.
> Now, if you pass this switch to configure, the build breaks in all the
> dirs. where the makefile.mk tries to include
> $(SOLARBINDIR)/jfreereport_version.mk
>
> reportbuilder/java/com/sun/star/report/util/
> reportbuilder/java/com/sun/star/report/function/metadata/
> reportbuilder/util/
> reportbuilder/java/com/sun/star/report/pentaho/
>
> jfreereport_version.mk was a copy of jfreereport/version.mk that no
> longer exists
> http://svn.services.openoffice.org/opengrok/xref/OOO340_m0/jfreereport/prj/d.lst#2

As you have seen, I was trying to keep the report builder extension
buildable with the system's jars.
Unfortunately, I did not test such a build. I was assuming that a former
build with the configure options --enable-report-builder
--with-system-jfreereport works out of the box.

Thus, I will try to make such a build possible.

Best regards, Oliver.