incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [code] main/dmake
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2011 08:32:23 GMT
Hi,

On 05.11.2011 12:27, Ross Gardler wrote:
> On 4 Nov 2011, at 15:38, Oliver-Rainer
> Wittmann<orwittmann@googlemail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> our build tool dmake is licensed under GPL. Thus, it can not be
>> part of our source releases. But, we can use it for building - as
>> we are using the gcc compiler.
>>
>> Thus, I will move the dmake source folder from .../ooo/trunk/main/
>> to new folder .../ooo/buildtools/ in order to assure that
>> everything under .../ooo/trunk/ can become part of our source
>> release.
>>
>> In order to get our bootstrap process still working it needs some
>> adaption: I am planning to introduce a configure option in order to
>> provide manually the path to the source folder of the build tool
>> dmake - something like with-dmake=<$PATH to dmake folder>. If this
>> option is not used, the default path ../../buildtools/dmake/ -
>> relative from folder main - will be taken. The configure will then
>> check, if this folder exists - the manual given one or the default.
>> The bootstrap process will then work with this path to create the
>> build tool dmake.
>>
>> Any objections?
>>

> In order to graduate there can be no license incompatible code in
> SVN. The solution below is ok only as an interim solution.
>
> Sent from my mobile device (so please excuse typos)

I did not know this rule until now.

Thus, I think I will search for another solution in which the sources of
our build tool dmake are not in our repository.

As Pedro already mentioned that he has something on Apache-Extras I will
see, if I can make it work in our build environment.

Best regards, Oliver.