incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Gianluca Turconi <in...@letturefantastiche.com>
Subject Re: GPL'd dictionaries (was Re: ftp.services.openoffice.org?)
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2011 08:29:32 GMT
Rob Weir ha scritto:
> 1) The user can download the dictionaries onto their own machines, if
> they agree to uphold the license.
>
> 2) We could have a UI in the product that helps the user download
> dictionaries.  This could state the license and require the user to
> click "agree".
Like I've wrote to Pedro, it would be useful, at least to me, to know
how the compiling and releasing structure of AOOo *binaries* will be
organized.

If the binaries will be *contributed* by external volunteers and
structures, the inclusion of GPL'd parts would be consented anyway,
since the code repository would be untouched and only the binaries would
be hypothetically ruled by GPL.

It would be a transient solution, of course.
> 5) We could create a new dictionary.
English is a simple language with a simple grammar, but believe me that
more complex languages like Italian, French and German may need several
thousands of work hours to recreate a good dictionary for OOo.

Regards,

Gianluca

--
Lettura gratuita o acquisto di libri e racconti di fantascienza,
fantasy, horror, noir, narrativa fantastica e tradizionale: