incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: GPL'd dictionaries (was Re: ftp.services.openoffice.org?)
Date Sun, 06 Nov 2011 22:34:26 GMT
On 06/11/2011 Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> My question here is, why are you
> using a software license if you don't think most of it's
> provisions apply. Shouldn't you use Creative Commons
> license, or the GNU FDL instead?

This is an interesting question, but the Italian dictionary started with
the same license as OpenOffice.org and has had a complex story, with
license changes (not actual relicensing, but "license upgrades" as
allowed by the [L]GPL) and several copyright holders. Since we know that
we have zero chances to get all copyright holders to agree to
relicensing, we will have to explore other possible alternatives.

Thanks Dave, Dennis and Rob for your suggestions: I will have to
coordinate with Gianluca to address Apache Legal in a proper way, but I
expect that we will raise the issue there in a reasonable timeframe.

Regards,
   Andrea.