incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: working on a OpenOffice roadmap
Date Sun, 06 Nov 2011 15:46:12 GMT
Am 11/06/2011 01:50 PM, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
> On 02/11/2011 Martin Hollmichel wrote:
>> So what ASF needs to do here for a 3.3.1 release is to set up the DNS
>> entry to a new server.
>
> Besides these infrastructure considerations, is the Oracle build
> infrastructure still available? If a 3.3.1 release is distributed in
> binary form, it would be useful to build it with the same
> specifications, to avoid unforeseen problems. And it would also be
> useful that these specifications are made publicly available, since they
> could be useful to the Apache project for further releases.

I don't know if the server are still available that are needed. But lets
guess they are. The problem would be also that the needed engineers are
no longer available. But even when this problem could be solved, too. At
the end it would a release in the name of Oracle (logo and copyright
text all over in the product). Latest here we will have the problem that
Oracle won't give us the permission to release this build.

So, I would say it's simply too late to think about another release with
the old infrastructure.

Marcus