incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: [ISSUE] Shut-down of all name@ openoffice.org e-mail addresses
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2011 14:33:24 GMT
On 02/11/2011 Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> I think the most-important thing that Oracle could do right now,
> while the forwarding service is operating, is send a bulk e-mail to
> all current myname@ openoffice.org account holders asking them to
> opt-in to any transfer to Apache.

This is a brilliant idea and I fully agree. It would be the best
trade-off between ensuring that there will be no major disruptions and
not requiring too much effort on Oracle side.

I personally depend on my @openoffice.org account for many activities
and losing my alias would effectively disconnect me from the project and
require that I resubscribe to more than fifty mailing lists; but more
than my personal case (if the alias goes away I'll notice it soon and
I'll know what to do) dropping the aliases without notice or without
offering an opt-in replacement would be problematic for those who are
not following this list or who are still waiting on the sidelines.

Regards,
   Andrea.