incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: ftp.services.openoffice.org?
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2011 22:28:28 GMT
Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> Am 11/04/2011 03:01 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
>> Did we lose the ftp site as well? ...
>> I don't know how widely that was used, but it seems to have been where
>> many of the NL spell checking dictionaries were stored:
> Many dic's are stored in the mirror network like here:
> http://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/openoffice/contrib/dictionaries/
> But I don't how current it is when looking at the timestamps.

The Italian dictionary listed there is a rather outdated version (2005
and 2006). The current version is at
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/node/1204
and in general all (or "all the relevant") dictionaries, as far as I
know, are now packaged as extensions.

>> If these dictionaries are under the SGA and part of the project, they
>> should probably go into SVN or onto the website. Otherwise they could
>> go to Apache-Extras.
> It seems that this is valid for 2.x releases. I remember that we have
> build-in these for 3.x. But I'm not sure.

The Italian dictionary is not under Oracle's copyright and it can't be
covered by the SGA (which leaves us with many practical issues now); the
same probably holds for many other dictionaries.

Most dictionaries there are now repackaged as extensions, but this
doesn't affect their licence or the copyright owners, it is mere packaging.

Regards,
   Andrea.