incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject [code] main/dmake
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2011 15:38:32 GMT
Hi,

our build tool dmake is licensed under GPL.
Thus, it can not be part of our source releases.
But, we can use it for building - as we are using the gcc compiler.

Thus, I will move the dmake source folder from .../ooo/trunk/main/ to
new folder .../ooo/buildtools/ in order to assure that everything under
.../ooo/trunk/ can become part of our source release.

In order to get our bootstrap process still working it needs some adaption:
I am planning to introduce a configure option in order to provide
manually the path to the source folder of the build tool dmake -
something like with-dmake=<$PATH to dmake folder>. If this option is not
used, the default path ../../buildtools/dmake/ - relative from folder
main - will be taken. The configure will then check, if this folder
exists - the manual given one or the default. The bootstrap process will
then work with this path to create the build tool dmake.

Any objections?

Best regards, Oliver.