incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Lars Aronsson <l...@aronsson.se>
Subject Re: request
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2011 00:41:16 GMT
On 11/03/2011 04:34 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:
> Whether or not we continue NL sites when the switchover occurs is a decision for the
project.

I used to lurk on two OOo mailing lists because I'm interested in
following news and developments in language tools, such as
spelling and grammar checkers. For many small languages, OOo
and its integration of hunspell (the Hungarian follow-up to ispell
and aspell) was a hub of innovation for some years.

My language is Swedish, which was supported by StarOffice,
meaning that OpenOffice got a lot for free, while the Danish OOo
community had to do more on a volunteer basis. Now that Oracle
has discontinued StarOffice, I guess the Swedish OOo community
will have to learn to do the same job as the Danes? I see Swedish
and Danish are listed as "level 2" languages, while Norwegian is
level 1, http://projects.openoffice.org/native-lang.html

Does the Apache foundation have its own, existing structure for
language tools and projects, and will OOo be integrated into that,
or will language tools in OOo still be separate?

--
   Lars Aronsson (lars@aronsson.se)