incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Hollmichel <martin.hollmic...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: working on a OpenOffice roadmap
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 16:42:10 GMT
Am 20.10.2011 17:36, schrieb Martin Hollmichel:

>> -- How much does this idea rely on the existing Oracle-hosted
>> openoffice.org infrastructure?  Many parts of that infrastructure
>> will be shut down soon (at Oracle's choice), so only the new Apache
>> services - subtly different I imagine - will be available soon.
> I think I'm be able to provide a full list of that dependencies, at
> the first glance I would think this is doable in quite short timeframe
> and is an excerise which need to be done anyhow.
ok, time for a small update:

Crash reporting: can be disabled for the 3.3.1 build, I think this is
not critical. We should think of re-enabling for future version, it was
a rather good instrument to see, if a release has a severe problem or not.

User Feedback program: as long as we don't find contributors for this
project, I'd prefer to disable this.

Product Update Service (PUS): I would like to see this services
re-established, so we need a new DNS entry and host for this.

for the upload to the mirror network we need a master server
(rsyncmaster.services.openoffice.org) and the download balancing the
download.services.openoffice.org (still available in an Oracle US lab).
So what ASF needs to do here for a 3.3.1 release is to set up the DNS
entry to a new server.

Martin