incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Wolfram Garten <wolframgar...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Willing help on Test
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 15:43:32 GMT
Hi Raphael,

Am 02.11.2011 03:30, schrieb Raphael Bircher:
> Hi Ji Yan
>
> Am 02.11.11 01:58, schrieb Ji Yan:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>>    This is Yan Ji from IBM Lotus Symphony test team. I've been
>> working in
>> Symphony for almost five years . It's my honour to join the
>> community. As a
>> QE of Symphony my major focus is FVT in both
>> WordProcessor/Spreadsheet/Presentation and Install. Now I'm willing to
>> contribute my effort on Apache OpenOffice. Please let me know if
>> there is
>> anything I can help on OO 3.4 release.
> Welcome! At the moment we have no public builds, but you can build a
> AOOo your self or maybe a other IBMer do it for you ;-) We have
> different work to do:
>
> 1) Bugzilla editing unconfirmed issues
> 2) Automation: Setup test boxes and make it ready to start
eh...do you mean testmachines for automated testing ? In former times I
can remember that ( I think it was) Maho who provided important files
for the automated testers of the community outside from Oracle. Is he
still doing so or did he left to LO? I do not know...
> 3) Querbeet tests
hm. This might be a little bit hard to understand for people outside of
the german-speaking countries. Querbeet means random, all over the
place. Simply testing what you are interested in and what makes fun and
sense. Sorry, Raphael, I did not mean to be a know-it-all ;-)

>>    Since most OO website are unreachable. Could someone help me to
>> find OO
>> TCM or TCS, it will help me to understand how the OO test way works.
>> Looking forward to hear from you.
> Unfortionaly we have no TCM/TCS. Our old TCM was a proprietary tool,
> and we can't take over it. There was a plane to replace the TCM within
> QUASTe. But this one is still in Beta, and no one working on it since
> it was developed by Helge Delfs who was one of the Hamburg Oracle Team.
>
> But anyway. The workflow by OOo has changed, and we need to reorganize
> the QA. And first we should reorganize the QA and then we should talk
> about the needed tools. Thats my option.
>
> Greetings Raphael
Regards, Wolfram