incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [proposal] development for the first AOO release
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 15:28:50 GMT
Hi Pedro,

On 02.11.2011 16:03, Pedro Giffuni wrote:

> --- On Wed, 11/2/11, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann<orwittmann@googlemail.com>  wrote:
>

>> BTW, nothing is lost by this removal step - everything is
>> still in the repository. This certain documentation in a
>> Bugzilla issue the stuff can be recovered easily for future
>> usage and adjustment.
>>
> Ahh.. OK. We are on the same page then. No removed functionality
> until we know what will replace it and the SGA is in.

I am not sure, if we are on the same page ;-)

As 3rd party compoments which violate Apache's Third-Party Licensing
Policy are not allowed they have to be removed.
Thus one part of the tasks for the proposed "IP cleared" milestone are
to remove these without having deeply thought about a replacement. Thus,
we will lose certain features - like the report builder extension.
It is the subject of the next proposed "features back" milestone to
identify the features which should be brought back and for which
corresponding interest and resources are available.

BTW, I do not think that any used 3rd party component on which Oracle
has no copyright on will be covered by Oracle's SGA.

Best regards, Oliver.